Dior demands compensation from Valentino – WWD

DIOR’S DEMAND: Valentino staged a dreamy couture show in the Spanish Steps on Friday night, in which groups of onlookers flooded nearby streets and peered out the windows of buildings all around, cheering and cheering. The atmosphere was festive, but the Maison Dior was not amused.
In a letter sent to Valentino on the evening of the show by the retail manager of Christian Dior Italia and seen by WWD, the French brand asks to be compensated for the disruption caused to the Dior boutique, located at the corner of Via Condotti and opposite at the Place d’Espagne, for an amount of 100,000 euros to be paid in 15 days.

According to Dior, Valentino, which for months had been asking the police and several authorities for permits to hold the event in such a key location in the city, in its own letter sent to retailers on June 27 “guaranteed regular foot traffic to the stores,” but Dior said that was “in no way” reflected in the situation on the night of the show, according to the letter.

Dior said access to its store was “impeded” and customers were “denied access and blocked at barriers”, so the store “stood empty and could not operate from the early hours of afternoon”, a fact that Dior alleged was “amplified” by the fact that the event is scheduled for a Friday, “a day when the receipts are surely [significant].”

If the amount is not paid by Valentino in two weeks, Dior said it “will take all necessary measures to protect its rights.” Representatives for Dior did not return requests for additional comment.

At press time, no other fashion brand with stores in the Spanish Steps area had filed a complaint with Valentino.

Comments are closed.